The Women of Color Film and Video Festival
Color of Violence - 2000
- Produced in Collaboration with the Conference
on Violence Against Women of Color.
- The Women of Color Film and Video Festival seeks submissions
for our eighth annual festival to take place on May 5 and 6,
2000. We welcome filmic and viodeographic works by women of color
which counter the violence against us by documenting its destructive
effects and envisioning alternatives worlds to the one in which
- Sovereign Images - 1998
- Films and videos featured in this year's festival foreground
the role of independent film and video by women of color in dismantling
colonial imaginaries and recovering histories of resistance.
- About the festival
- The UCSC Women of Color Film and Video Festival, now in its
seventh year, has established itself as a significant event for
independent exhibition and dialogue...
- Founder's Statement
- Festival founder Margaret Daniel reflects back on the festival
- THE COLORS OF HER LANGUAGE
- The Women of Color Film Festival was founded in 1992 by cluster
member Margaret Daniel. You can view the 1992 festival program.
- OF VISIBLE DISTINCTION
- The 1993 Women of Color Film and Video Festival was dedicated
to the Life and Work of Audre Lorde. The festival was expanded
with media arts personnel and filmmakers. Programmed by Margaret
- New Voices/New Generations
- 1994 was the first year the festival held independent call
for submissions. Programmed by Margaret Daniel
- Out of Bounds/Subversive Geographies
- In 1995 six members of the Women of Color Research Cluster
planned and programmed the new festival collectively.
- the 1996 festival program focused on the Rupture of identities.
Produced by a coordinating committee of six members of the Women
of Color Research Cluster, the festival incoporated a workshop
on Visualizing Theory and Pedagogical Practices
for Women of Color.
- The 1997 festival was produced with the input and energies
of the general membership of the Women of Color Research Cluster.
The program for the 1997 festival is being renovated, as several
pages are combined. When complete, hypertext links will allow
guests to move between the program, film synopses, artists' statements,
and distributor information.
- Return to Women
of Color Research Cluster Home Page
Revised 12/4/97 by ktrion
++page mistress reserves the right to change information at any
time as directed by the cluster